PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF SECOND AND FINAL AUCTION SALE
There will be a Second and Final Auction Sale for Tract 2 of the Suddarth property located on Whitson Road, in Bethpage, TN on December 8, 2022 at 10:00am on the steps of the Sumner County Courthouse.
For more information please contact: Mark T. Smith, Clerk and Master at 615-452-4282
The Chancery Court, Clerk & Master’s office will accept filings by mail, in-person, facsimile (fees apply)(See Rule 5A of TRCP for more information about facsimile filing), or by E-filing through Tybera at: https://go.tybera.net/tncis
CHANCERY COURT PROCEDURES as of March 25, 2021
(Please note on filings if the hearing will be in-person or via Zoom and provide your email address if by Zoom)
About Sumner County Chancery Court
Sumner County Chancellor, Louis W. Oliver, III, was elected to an eight year term by the citizens of Sumner County in 2014.
The Chancery Court was established by the Constitution of the State of Tennessee. The Chancery Court has original jurisdiction over certain matters, as assigned to it by the legislature, some of them exclusively, others concurrently with the Circuit Court. The types of cases handled by the Chancery Court include: Divorce, Adoption, Paternity, Legitimation, Surrender, Child Support, Conservatorships, Guardianships, Probate, Real Estate Matters, Partition Suit, Name Change, Contract/Debt, Specific Performance, Trusts, Contempt, Minor Settlements, and Foreign Judgements, and Delinquent Tax Records.
The clerks are not permitted to provide you with legal advice, which includes not being able to tell you what forms to file, how to fill them out, or how to proceed with your case. If you have these types of questions, please consult with an attorney, or utilize the free legal services listed on our site.
Due to the security measures in the Judicial Building, no purses or bags of any kind are allowed inside the building. You will not be permitted to pass through security with any type of purse or bag. You are welcome to bring your wallet and paperwork. Cell phones are also prohibited.
HOLIDAYS FOR 2022:
- New Years Day – January 3rd
- Martin Luther King Day – 3rd Monday in January
- President’s Day – 3rd Monday in February
- Good Friday – Friday before Easter
- Sumner County Primary – May 3rd
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Juneteenth – June 20th
- Independence Day – July 4th
- Sumner County General Election – August 4th
- Labor Day – 1st Monday in September
- Columbus Day – 2nd Monday in October
- Election Day – November 8th
- Veteran’s Day – November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day – 4th Thursday in November
- Day after Thanksgiving – 4th Friday in November
- Christmas Eve – December 23rd
- Christmas Day – December 26th