Delinquent Taxes

Call 615-451-6036

Court Clerks will look up the property in question and will give you the amount of taxes due at this time. Tax amounts increase at the beginning of each month.

Methods of Payment:

Our office does NOT accept personal checks. We do NOT accept partial payments. You may mail a money order, cashier’s check, or business check to:

Sumner County Chancery Court
Clerk & Master’s Office
155 East Main Street, Room 3600
Gallatin, TN 37066

Please make money order, cashier’s check, or business check payable to Sumner County Chancery Court. Please put a map/parcel number or property location on your method of payment.

Cash Payment: You may bring a cash payment to our office at the address located above. Do not send cash by mail.

Paying Online: You may pay with credit/debit cards at A fee of $3 or 3% (whichever is greater) will be assessed when using this online service. Sumner County Government does not benefit from this fee. The 3% fee is a convenience fee for using credit/debit cards. Please have map/parcel number or property location and tax amount ready to enter. After pulling up the website, you will proceed to Sumner County Chancery Court then click on delinquent taxes. It is important to fill in all fields to allow you to proceed to the next page. Any questions, please call 615-451-6036.

Answers To Frequently Asked Questions:

Delinquent Tax Procedures: Sumner County Trustee and Cities of Hendersonville, Millersville, Portland, Westmoreland, and White House Offices hold the delinquent taxes for two (2) years. After the two (2) year period, the delinquent taxes are filed into Sumner County Chancery Court. Once taxes are filed into court, court cost, interest and penalty charges, and attorney’s fees are added onto the tax amount.

Gallatin City Taxes: The City of Gallatin collects their own delinquent taxes. Please call Gallatin City Recorder’s Office 615-451-5895 for Gallatin taxes.

Personal Property Taxes: This tax is assessed on business equipment used in your business. If you were in business as of January 1st of that tax year, even if business was opened for only one (1) day. You are responsible for these taxes.

Foreclosures: Foreclosures are not handled by the court system. You must contact the company that is handling the foreclosure for more information.

Prior Tax Year/Current Tax Year:

County Taxes: Trustee’s Office 615-452-1260.

City taxes:

  • Hendersonvile: 615-264-5399
  • Millersville: 615-859-0880
  • Portland: 615-325-6776
  • Westmoreland: 615-644-3850
  • White House: 615-672-4350

Delinquent Property Tax Sales:

When a sale has been scheduled, a title search is done. All property owners and lien holders will be notified that a sale has been set by certified mail.

Tax sales are held at the Sumner County Administration Building in the Commissioner’s Chambers. All bidders must register the day of the sale.

Bid amount will start at tax amount owed.

Potential Purchasers are strongly urged to research the properties before the sale.  Neither  Sumner County Government nor the Chancery Court makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about the properties auctioned.

Property owners have a one (1) year redemption period after Order Confirming Sale has been signed by the Chancellor. All property tax sale deeds will be issued after the one (1) year redemption period has ended.

Unsold properties are deeded to the County after the one (1) year redemption period has ended.

Once a sale has been scheduled a list of properties will be available on the County website: or click here for the list of Properties

Please Note

The clerks are not permitted to provide you with legal advice, which includes not being able to tell you what forms to file, how to fill them out, or how to proceed with your case. If you have these types of questions, please consult with an attorney, or utilize the free legal services listed on our site.